Between the selfies and the self-congratulatory speeches, a lot went on at last night’s Oscars. Ellen’s hosting was as random as ever (in a good way!) and most of the celebs seemed happy to play along. Others were just downright playful. Here are some of my favorite moments that really stole the show.
1. Benedict Cumberbatch photo bombs U2.
Seriously, look at that doofus. Bono seems less than amused.
2. Pharrell Williams gets “Happy” with some A-list ladies.
Lupita Nyong’o, Meryl Streep and Amy Adams all break it down with Pharrell during his performance. Meryl deserves a nineteenth nomination for that shimmy.
3. Brad Pitt, father of six, knows what to do when pizza is delivered.
As the pizza was handed out, Papa Brad ran around, making sure everyone had a paper plate. I’m thinking he and Angie do this sort of thing a lot…and a dozen starving actresses can’t be much different than a house full of children.
4. Cate Blanchett keeps it real.
Cate reminds us that female-driven films can actually do quite well. Since Blue Jasmine was lost in a sea of male-led movies, I’m glad she made this point.
5. After losing yet another Oscar, Leonardo DiCaprio takes it gracefully…sort of.
MOST. AWKWARD. HUG. EVER.