The wait is almost over: Pretty Little Liars will be back on your television Tuesday, June 10. If you’re like me, you probably cannot wait for the summer premiere of season 5, which will introduce a lot of new elements to the show – the biggest of which being Alison, now alive and out in the open, returning to Rosewood. But how can she go back to a normal life when she’s supposedly been dead for the past few years? Oh, and there’s that whole thing about A still being at large, ready to attack at any given moment. Season 5 is guaranteed to be a rocky one for Alison, and probably for Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Aria as well. Here are just a few questions I have before Tuesday’s season premiere on ABC Family:
1. The last scene of the PLL season finale was Alison’s mother, Mrs. DiLaurentis, being buried in the ground. She is presumably dead. Who killed her? What will Alison do when she returns to find her mother gone – will they find the body? And most importantly – is whoever killed Mrs. D. after Alison as well?
2. Pretty Little Liars creator Marlene King has stated that Jason DiLaurentis will be back for at least part of the season. How will he react to the double blow of losing his mother, but getting his sister back – or did he have something to do with one (or both) of these events?
3. Alison was Emily’s first love – and it seems like Alison cares more for Emily than any of the other girls. Will their closeness turn into a long-building romance – and what does that mean for Paige?
4. What will Mona do now that her original obsession is back in town? Will she go all “A” all over again?
5. Marlene King has also dropped the news that Lucas will return in season 5. LUCAS! What role will he play in the show, and will it be good or evil?
6. Previews have shown us that Ezra survives his gunshot wound…but will he and Aria survive everything they’ve been through? Ezaria fans, I’m sure, are dying to know. No pun intended.
7. Speaking of dying – I am most curious about who’s actually buried in Alison’s tomb. Those finger bones strapped to Spencer’s dress last season really creeped me out – do they belong to this mystery girl, and how did she die in the first place?
8. Melissa Hastings whispered something to her father in the season finale – something that might be about the girl buried in Ali’s tomb. Will we find out their secret?
9. Where is CeCe going to end up – and what does she know?
10. With Alison’s return from the dead, the dynamic between the girls is going to change. Alison was their friend, but she was definitely in the “frenemy” category as well. Will they be able to take her back into their group after everything they’ve been through – and has Ali really changed for the better? I don’t know if I could trust her again after all the lying and scheming she’s done. But do they have a choice?
Luckily, we only have a little bit longer before we start getting some answers and I am pretty excited. What do you think – will Alison come back a changed person, or will she keep lying to everyone she knows? Is Jason someone they can trust? Who killed the girl in Alison’s tomb – was is Melissa? What are your burning questions for the Pretty Little Liars premiere?