This holiday season, it looks like everyone on Pretty Little Liars is going to be faced with the ghosts of Christmas past. Or at least the ghosts of Ali’s past, which never seem to go away, no matter what the season. The Pretty Little Liars Christmas Special (#PLLChristmAs, for those of you who can’t resist a good a promo hashtag) airs tonight and things don’t look very merry. Of course, that’s not surprising, considering everything that went down in the summer finale.
If you need a refresher, here’s a recap of the major events:
- The Liars realized that Alison is a sociopath and stopped hanging out with her. Ali is building herself a new army, complete with a set of creepy twins.
- Melissa left town, but also left Spencer a video confession: she buried Bethany Young alive because she thought Spencer had killed her. Oops.
- Spencer and Mona broke into Radley and stole Bethany recorded sessions. The tapes revealed that Mrs. DiLaurentis was having an affair with Bethany’s father and Alison might’ve known Bethany this entire time.
- Alison took a lie detector test, which she used to build a case against Spencer, who was then arrested for Bethany’s murder.
- Oh, and Mona is dead, dead, dead.
In the Christmas special, Spencer is out on bail, but still under arrest for Bethany’s murder. However, the gang might have a way to clear her name and find some justice for Mona. According to Marlene King, the episode will give us some answers, some romance, a ghostly visit from Mona and four new minions at Ali’s side. Who are they? Will the Liars be able to help Spencer? Why is the Christmas music so creepy in this promo?