The Flash has been teasing us with the possibility of Gorilla Grodd since the very first episode, when viewers saw the remains of a destroyed cage labeled with the gorilla’s name. Since, we’ve learned a few things:
- Grodd was an experiment of General Wade Eiling’s – and not a very nice one
- Harrison Wells seemed to care for the animal and wanted to keep him from Eiling’s experiments (but possibly for his own)
- Grodd survived the explosion from the particle reactor and escaped S.T.A.R. Labs – he’s been loose ever since
- Gross was recently drawing his name all over the sewer walls like a big, furry serial killer
- Grodd was also recently chowing down on some unlucky workers who stumbled upon his underground hideout
So when will we actually meet Grodd? I imagine that it’s not so easy to introduce a giant, mind-controlling, telepathic gorilla monster into a show – even a show based on comic books. But below, we get our first real look at Grodd. It’s not clear what they will change and keep from original comic canon, but it seems clear at least – based on the voices in General Eiling’s head – that the mind control bit is still in tact.
Are you excited for The Flash to officially introduce Gorilla Grodd?